Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- 6 Min
- COOK TIME
- 21 Min
- READY IN
- 27 Min
We've brought that signature New Orleans-style cooking into your very own kitchen with our homemade recipe for Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya. We like pairing this dish with some veggies for an extra bit of color on the plate. Serve this homemade New Orleans favorite anytime you feel the need to jump start your regular dinner routine.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared minced garlic
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 extra-large bag boil-in-bag white rice, removed from bag
- 1 1/2
cups chicken broth
What To Do:
Combine chicken and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning in a bowl.
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and chicken; saute 6 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove from pan; drain.
Add seasoning blend and garlic to pan; saute 2 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Add sausage, chicken, remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, the tomatoes, rice, and broth to pan. Bring to a boil; cover and boil 11 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring halfway through cooking time.
I call for boil-in-bag rice to speed up the cooking time of this Creole favorite. But instead of cooking the rice separately in its bag, we add it straight to the pan so it can absorb the liquid and all the savory flavors as it cooks.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 25 13