Creamy Chicken 'n' Dumplings
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
Chicken 'n' Dumplings in under 30 minutes? With our secret, time-saving method, this recipe is almost too good to be true!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 1/2
cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 1/2
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- Freshly ground black pepper
What To Do:
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and carrots; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- Stir soup, water, and chicken into vegetable mixture. Bring mixture to boil.
- Meanwhile, combine baking mix and milk in medium bowl.
- Reduce heat to low; drop dough in 12 mounds onto simmering chicken mixture. Cover and simmer 10 addtional minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean. Ladle mixture evenly into pasta or soup bowls; sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately.
No need to simmer this pot of chicken 'n' dumplings all day. Use a rotisserie chicken to save time as well as for convenience. For 4 cups of chopped cooked chicken, you'll need 1-1/2 to 2 chickens. And biscuit baking mix provides an easy shortcut to hand-rolled dumplings. This is a dish that would have made Mama proud!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 10 14