Creamy Chicken 'n' Dumplings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chicken 'n' Dumplings in under 30 minutes? With our secret, time-saving method, this recipe is almost too good to be true!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
What To Do:
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and carrots; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- Stir soup, water, and chicken into vegetable mixture. Bring mixture to boil.
- Meanwhile, combine baking mix and milk in medium bowl.
- Reduce heat to low; drop dough in 12 mounds onto simmering chicken mixture. Cover and simmer 10 addtional minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean. Ladle mixture evenly into pasta or soup bowls; sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately.
No need to simmer this pot of chicken 'n' dumplings all day. Use a rotisserie chicken to save time as well as for convenience. For 4 cups of chopped cooked chicken, you'll need 1-1/2 to 2 chickens. And biscuit baking mix provides an easy shortcut to hand-rolled dumplings. This is a dish that would have made Mama proud!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!