Easy Kentucky Burgoo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Burgoo is a big favorite for Kentucky Derby-watching parties, and our version of Easy Kentucky Burgoo make this hearty stew even simpler to pull off. And whether for the big race or anytime at all, it's a one-pot that always satisfies.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 pound beef top round, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen vegetable gumbo mix, thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine chicken, beef, broth, and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover loosely, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable gumbo mix and tomato paste. Increase heat to medium-high and return to a boil. Let boil 25 to 30 minutes, or until thick, stirring occasionally.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bring a little taste of the South to your kitchen with our recipe for Catfish 'n' Slaw. We coated U.S. farm-raised catfish in a flavor-packed island seasoning before pan-frying it and finishing it off with a homemade tropical coleslaw. One bite of this dish and you'll be saying, "Let's make some more, ya'll!"