We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 51 Min
It's time to bring the tastes of New Orleans to your kitchen with this one-pot classic, jambalaya. It's packed with chicken and sausage and a bunch of different veggies to round out its jazzy flavor.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (13-ounce) package Cajun-style smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch diagonal slices
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, cook the chicken and smoked sausage over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until browned, stirring constantly.
- Add the celery, onion, and bell pepper, and saute for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, rice, and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove jambalaya from the heat, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Jambalaya is a classic cajun dish native to the Southern state of Louisiana. Notice that this recipe includes the "trinity" of cajun cookin': onions, celery, and green peppers. These are the three ingredients that greatly contribute to the yummy flavors of cajun cuisine.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The next time you make a sandwich, a hamburger, or any other meal that involves slices of bread, try it on Cloud Bread. Cloud Bread is a totally gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat bread alternative. It's a healthier choice that looks like a fluffy cloud and tastes so good!