We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's time to bring the tastes of New Orleans to your kitchen with this one-pot classic, jambalaya. It's packed with chicken and sausage and a bunch of different veggies to round out its jazzy flavor.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (13-ounce) package Cajun-style smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch diagonal slices
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, cook the chicken and smoked sausage over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until browned, stirring constantly.
- Add the celery, onion, and bell pepper, and saute for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, rice, and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove jambalaya from the heat, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Jambalaya is a classic cajun dish native to the Southern state of Louisiana. Notice that this recipe includes the "trinity" of cajun cookin': onions, celery, and green peppers. These are the three ingredients that greatly contribute to the yummy flavors of cajun cuisine.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!