We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Me-oh-my-oh, the best part of this jazzy concoction is that it makes you feel like you're down on the bayou. Have some fun!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes, or until crisp and brown, turning halfway through cooking. Remove to a paper towel to drain, then crumble and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and rice to bacon drippings and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until rice is golden, stirring frequently; remove to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Increase heat to high and cook chicken and sausage 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken begins to brown. Return rice mixture to skillet, then add chicken broth, tomato sauce, and black pepper; mix well, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender. Add shrimp and cooked bacon; cover and cook 5 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!