Mediterranean Seafood Pasta
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
Don't you love making dishes that originated all around the world? We get to taste the flavors of a new place without leaving home. With this quick pasta dish, it's feta cheese, olives, and shrimp that bring a touch of Greece to our table.
What You'll Need:
- 12 ounces angel hair (capellini) pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on (see Note)
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and quartered
- 1 (2-1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, drain again and set aside in colander.
- In the same pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute onion 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, and shrimp; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through and pink. Add tomatoes, olives, oregano, and pepper. Return pasta to pot, stirring until thoroughly mixed and warmed through. Sprinkle with feta cheese, and serve.
We like to leave the tails on the shrimp because they look better that way, but you can certainly take them off if you'd rather make this dish easier to eat.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES