One Pot Mac and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's a lightning-quick stovetop version of mac and cheese, made with spaghetti; but you can use whatever noodle you'd like. So put some water to boil, because our One Pot Mac and Cheese is creamy, cheesy, and pretty perfect!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1 quart) milk
- 6 cups (24 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and set aside in colander.
- In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat then stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently. Add cheese, dry mustard, salt, and pepper and stir for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Add spaghetti and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through, stirring constantly. Serve immediately.
Get the veggie steamer going with broccoli or cauliflower florets and you'll be set for a complete meal!
Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
- If you liked this kid-friendly recipe, make sure to check out our collection of Top 10 Back-to-School Dinners for Kids.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whip up our easy Icebox Salad the next time you've got company coming over and get ready to take in all the "oohs" and "aahs." This make-ahead, layered salad is both pretty and delicious. It's the all-American, hearty salad that everyone grew up eating, but in a party-size form!