Sauteed Chicken Livers and Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Italian-inspired recipe for Sauteed Chicken Livers and Pasta makes for a great dinner entree! This recipe is loaded with extra hearty and flavorful yumminess, as well as a ton of good-for-you nutrients. It's what we like to call a win-win kind of dish!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound chicken livers, cut in half
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, cook the linguine according to the package directions; drain, rinse, drain again and set aside in the colander.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over high heat. Add the bay leaf and stir constantly until the butter turns golden brown. Add the livers, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the livers are no longer pink and the onions are tender, stirring frequently. Add the spaghetti sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbly. Add the peas and return the pasta to the pot, stirring until thoroughly combined Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Be sure to remove the bay leaf before serving.
An old-fashioned butcher, or even some supermarkets, will still include all the parts when you buy a whole chicken, so you can save the livers until you have enough to make this recipe. Or you can usually buy chicken livers in a 1-pound package in the supermarket meat department.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for an even easier way to enjoy stuffed peppers, look no further than this Stuffed Peppers Casserole. It's got everything you love about stuffed peppers, but in the form of a hearty casserole! That means no hassle whatsoever - just lots of yummy eating!