Sauteed Chicken Livers and Pasta
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
I first had this flavorful dish in a neighborhood Italian restaurant in Hoboken, New Jersey. You've gotta trust me and try it....The taste is hearty Italian through and through.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound linguine
cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound chicken livers, cut in half
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, cook the linguine according to the package directions; drain, rinse, drain again and set aside in the colander.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over high heat. Add the bay leaf and stir constantly until the butter turns golden brown. Add the livers, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the livers are no longer pink and the onions are tender, stirring frequently. Add the spaghetti sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbly. Add the peas and return the pasta to the pot, stirring until thoroughly combined Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Be sure to remove the bay leaf before serving.
An old-fashioned butcher, or even some supermarkets, will still include all the parts when you buy a whole chicken, so you can save the livers until you have enough to make this recipe. Or you can usually buy chicken livers in a 1-pound package in the supermarket meat department.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES