Savory Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The long, slow cooking makes these beef short ribs as tender as can be, the perfect one-pot meal for a hungry gang. With hearty barley and healthy veggies, Savory Short Ribs is an all-in-one good choice!
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) raw medium barley
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine short ribs, onion, water, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook about 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and barley; cook 1 hour, or until short ribs and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally and adding more water, if necessary.
- This is one of those even-better-when-reheated-the-next-day recipes. Before reheating, be sure to remove any fat that has solidified on the top.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Corn on the cob is one of those street foods that's really trendy right now, and one of the most popular ways to serve it is in a style known as Mexican Street Corn. In our version, we slather corn on the cob with butter before topping with a bit of chili powder, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a squeeze of lime. It's tasty!