Sicilian Beef One Pot
When the weather demands warm, comforting meals, nothing fits the bill better than a good old stick-to-your-ribs one-pot. The Italian flair adds an extra level of comfort to this stew.
What You'll Need:
cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2
pounds beef stew meat, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4
cups beef broth
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper. Roll beef in flour mixture, coating completely. In a soup pot, heat 3 tablespoons oil over high heat until hot; brown beef on all sides for 5 minutes.
- Remove beef from pot; set aside. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pot, and cook 5 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, including remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; return beef to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until beef is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This twist on a classic gyro will have your taste buds dancing after just one bite. Our Greek Fish Pitas only takes 10 minutes and is an easy fish recipe that is perfect for dinner any night of the week!