We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our shortcut Skillet Paella, with the lively untraditional twist of curry powder, takes this international favorite to new flavor heights. What a super meal in one, especially when you want to keep the kitchen cool.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, undrained
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute sausage 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage to a plate.
- Add broth to skillet and bring to a boil. Stir in rice, curry powder, and salt. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and sausage, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until shrimp are pink, stirring occasionally.
To complete your Spanish fiesta, try our refreshing recipe for Pedro's Sangria. And remember, this fruity favorite is for an adults-only type of party!
- Want even more "Quick & Easy" dinner recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Fuss-Free Meals: 35 Simple Skillet Recipes and One-Pot Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!