Stovetop Rump Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How do you make a delicious rump roast in just over an hour? Make it in a pressure cooker! Our Stovetop Rump Roast recipe makes cooking in your pressure cooker easy and delicious. Your roast will taste like it's been roasting all day long!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) beef rump roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 6 large carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat. Add roast and brown on all sides, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Add onions and 1 cup water. Lock lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to medium and cook 60 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water until steam no longer escapes from vent pipe and pressure is completely reduced.
- Remove lid; place roast on a cutting board and cover to keep warm.
- Add potatoes and carrots to pressure cooker. Lock lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once, as above. Remove lid and place vegetables on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup water and the flour until smooth. Add to pan drippings and heat, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until thickened.
- Slice roast and serve with vegetables and sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can enjoy a cookie version of your favorite campfire treat with our recipe for Peanut Butter S'more Bars! These bars feature a chunky peanut butter crust that's layered with marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, and roasted peanuts. Go on, make these and be the star of the next potluck!