Stovetop Rump Roast
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 20 Min
How do you make a delicious rump roast in just over an hour? Make it in a pressure cooker! Our Stovetop Rump Roast recipe makes cooking in your pressure cooker easy and delicious. Your roast will taste like it's been roasting all day long!
What You'll Need:
1 (4- to 5-pound) beef rump roast
2 teaspoons salt
teaspoons black pepper
cup olive oil
4 large onions, coarsely chopped
cups water, divided
6 large potatoes, peeled and cut in half
6 large carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch chunks
cup all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat. Add roast and brown on all sides, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Add onions and 1 cup water. Lock lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to medium and cook 60 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water until steam no longer escapes from vent pipe and pressure is completely reduced.
- Remove lid; place roast on a cutting board and cover to keep warm.
- Add potatoes and carrots to pressure cooker. Lock lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once, as above. Remove lid and place vegetables on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup water and the flour until smooth. Add to pan drippings and heat, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until thickened.
- Slice roast and serve with vegetables and sauce.
02 21 14