We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A San Francisco treat that's just as welcome at home as it is on Fisherman's Wharf.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium-sized onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds red snapper or cod fillets, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, but tails left on
What To Do:
- Spray a 6-quart soup pot with nonstick vegetable spray and heat over high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, onions, and garlic and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring often. Stir in the tomatoes, wine, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and increase the heat to high. Bring to a boil and add the fish, scallops, and shrimp. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the shrimp are pink and cooked completely, stirring occasionally.
For a true taste of San Francisco, serve this with sourdough bread.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.