Amaretto French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The sweet combination of amaretto and cinnamon is the perfect addition to your morning breakfast. Pour yourself a tall glass of OJ, and savor every bite!
What You'll Need:
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free amaretto-flavored coffee creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices buttermilk bread (see Note)
- Cooking spray
What To Do:
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dip 2 slices of bread in egg mixture, letting slices soak 15 to 20 seconds on each side.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Place dipped bread slices in pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side (per batch) until lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining bread slices.
You'll want to keep the first batch of French toast warm in a preheated 200 degree F oven while the second batch cooks. Feel free to substitute whole-grain white bread for the buttermilk bread if you can't find it.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!