French Toast Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Forget having to make just a few pieces of French toast at a time. With French Toast Loaf, you just mix, bake and, when it comes out of the oven, all it needs is a drizzle of warmed syrup and everybody gets to eat together!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups bread cubes (see Tips)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- by 5- inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except bread cubes; mix well. Stir in bread cubes and allow to sit for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until golden. Remove loaf from pan, slice, and serve.
- You can make this with any type of leftover bread and, for a colorful loaf, you might even want to use a mixture of light and dark varieties. I like to top each slice with a sprinkle of confectioners' sugar and serve with maple syrup and cut fresh fruit.
- If you loved this baked French toast recipe, be sure to check out our super quick microwave version, French Toast in a Mug.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.