PB&J Crunchy French Toast
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
This yummy twist on the kid-pleasing popular peanut butter and jelly makes ordinary French Toast extraordinary. PB&J Crunchy French Toast starts by giving our bread an egg bath and a crunchy peanutty coating before being cooked to perfection and served with jelly, jam, fruit syrup or fresh fruit.
What You'll Need:
3 tablespoons milk
4 slices day-old bread
cup finely chopped peanuts
What To Do:
- Beat eggs and milk in shallow dish until blended. Soak 1 bread slice at a time in egg mixture, turning once; dip each slice into peanuts to coat both sides.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Place 2 bread slices in skillet. Cook over medium to medium-low heat until golden brown and no visible liquid egg remains, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Adjust heat as necessary so that peanuts do not burn.
- Clean skillet. Repeat to cook remaining bread.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; serve with spreadable fruit, fresh fruit, or fruit syrup.
- Chopped pecans can be substitued for the peanuts.
This recipe is courtesy of the American Egg Board. For more recipes like this, click here.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 19 14