Painted French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's time to add a little creativity to our traditional French toast. It's super easy, not to mention a load of fun with this painted version that will have Mom smiling ear to ear.
What You'll Need:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Assorted liquid food colors
- 4 new small nontoxic paintbrushes
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour 1/4 cup egg mixture into each of 4 small bowls, reserving the remaining mixture in a shallow dish. Add the desired amount of different food color to each bowl.
- Paint a message and/or design on each bread slice with the desired colored egg mixture. Dip the painted bread into the reserved egg mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bread, in batches, and cook for 1-1/2 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!