- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
Can't choose between eggs Benedict or waffles? With our Waffles Benedict, you no longer have to! Sunday morning breakfast will never be the same once you've introduced your family to this unique and scrumptious delight!
What You'll Need:
2 cups biscuit baking mix
cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
5 large eggs
teaspoon white vinegar
1 (0.9-ounce) envelope hollandaise sauce mix
1 tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon dried tarragon
8 thin prosciutto slices (about 1/4 pound) (see Note)
What To Do:
- Stir together baking mix, buttermilk, cheese, oil, and 1 egg in a medium bowl until blended. Let batter stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add water to a depth of 3 inches in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and maintain a light simmer. Add vinegar. Break remaining 4 eggs, and slip into water, 1 at a time, as close as possible to surface. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon. Trim edges, if desired.
- Cook batter in a preheated, lightly greased waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions, adding lemon juice and tarragon.
- Stack 2 waffles, and top with 2 prosciutto slices, 1 poached egg, and desired amount of hollandaise sauce. Repeat procedure for each serving.
Packaged hollandaise sauce is dressed up here with the addition of lemon juice and tarragon. Feel free to use deli ham in place of the prosciutto.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 25 14