Farm Style Pasta Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A really full-flavored sauce that'll make any pasta taste great.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped, or 1 heaping tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely broken
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat; add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, or until light golden.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, olives, basil, salt, and pepper; cook for about 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, chicken broth, and broken tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Makes 4 cups (enough for 1 pound of pasta).
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!