Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 1 Hr
Red, hot, and spicy! Roasted red peppers and crushed red pepper give this sauce just the right kick. Just watch those die-hard "pasta-holics" dive into this one.
What You'll Need:
- 6 large red bell peppers, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
cup chopped fresh parsley
teaspoon crushed red pepper
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F. In a medium-sized bowl, toss together the bell peppers and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until well coated. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Place in the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade; purèe the peppers.
- In a large soup pot, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat and sauté the garlic until golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, then add the purèed peppers. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to "marry".
Makes about 6 cups.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES