Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Red, hot, and spicy! Roasted red peppers and crushed red pepper give this sauce just the right kick. Just watch those die-hard "pasta-holics" dive into this one.
What You'll Need:
- 6 large red bell peppers, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F. In a medium-sized bowl, toss together the bell peppers and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until well coated. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Place in the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade; purèe the peppers.
- In a large soup pot, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat and sauté the garlic until golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, then add the purèed peppers. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to "marry".
Makes about 6 cups.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.