Tasty Anchovy Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No fish stories here. You'll be reeling in new fans for the great taste of anchovies. And they'll gobble it down hook, line, and sinker!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (2-ounce) can anchovies, undrained, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium-low heat until the butter melts. Add the garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the sour cream and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then stir in the sour cream until thoroughly blended.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
This is a different type of sauce to serve over pasta. You can also use it as a topping for broiled fish, sautéed veal, or grilled chicken.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!