We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Creamy Vodka Sauce is one of the best pasta sauces I've ever tasted. It's very rich, so serve it with a light salad for balance.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup vodka
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the onion and sauté until tender but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the vodka and continue cooking for 2 minutes or until the vodka evaporates slightly and the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked pasta and top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to reheat and serve.
Serves 4 to 5, enough for 12 ounces of pasta.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home.
- For more fantastic sauce recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
BBQ sauce and smoked paprika are the key ingredients to making this chili recipe taste extra-smokin' good. Not only is our Smokin' BBQ Chili recipe flavor-packed and delicious, but it's made in just one pot, so it's extra-easy to clean up, too!