Alfredo Pasta Twist
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We all love pasta, and when we come up with a new twist on an old favorite, who could ask for more?
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound twist pasta
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (1-1/2 pints) heavy cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain; return it to pot.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add flour and stir constantly 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth and lightly browned. Stir in cream and remove from heat.
- Add Italian cheese blend, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour over cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and then bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve immediately.
We like to add 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg to the cream mixture for some added flavor. (But we do that only when we're sure that everybody we're cooking for likes the flavor of nutmeg.)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.