Alfredo Pasta Twist
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
We all love pasta, and when we come up with a new twist on an old favorite, who could ask for more?
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound twist pasta
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (1-1/2 pints) heavy cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
cup grated Parmesan cheese
cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain; return it to pot.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add flour and stir constantly 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth and lightly browned. Stir in cream and remove from heat.
- Add Italian cheese blend, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour over cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and then bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve immediately.
We like to add 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg to the cream mixture for some added flavor. (But we do that only when we're sure that everybody we're cooking for likes the flavor of nutmeg.)
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES