We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Rigatoni doesn't have to be baked, but it just seems the natural way to cook it--especially because it doesn't "mush out" when you cook it this way.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook rigatoni according to package directions and drain. Place in a large bowl and add ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, and mushrooms; mix well.
Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and spread 1 cup of spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of dish. Spoon rigatoni mixture over sauce, then cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with remaining 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until rigatoni is heated through and cheese is light golden.
You might want to add a can of sliced black olives to the ricotta cheese mixture to give it a bit of zest.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.