Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Draw your family to the table with our easy recipe for homemade macaroni and cheese! Sure to bring back childhood mealtime memories, this classic macaroni and cheese recipe is pure comfort on a plate.
What You'll Need:
1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
cups (9 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
2 tablespoons Italian-flavored breadcrumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Cook macaroni according to package directions until firm; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper, and cook over medium heat until mixture starts to bubble, stirring occasionally.
- Remove mixture from heat and add 2 cups cheese, stirring until melted. Add macaroni; mix well then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and top is golden.
05 24 13