Elbows and Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mama mia! Here's an unbeatable combo that's practically a national food staple in Italy. It's sure to be a hit in your neighborhood, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ½-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add garlic, and saute until golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly to prevent splattering; add tomatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cannellini beans and parsley, and continue cooking for 10 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain macaroni according to package directions then add to bean mixture along with Parmesan cheese. Stir until thoroughly mixed then serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've ever been to a Southern buffet or a church dinner, then you've probably already experienced the deliciousness of fluff. Fruity, fluffy, creamy, and just a bit crunchy, our Potluck Pistachio Fluff is one dish that doesn't stick around for long. That's 'cause folks will gobble it up so fast, you'll think it disappeared!