Elbows and Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mama mia! Here's an unbeatable combo that's practically a national food staple in Italy. It's sure to be a hit in your neighborhood, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ½-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add garlic, and saute until golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly to prevent splattering; add tomatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cannellini beans and parsley, and continue cooking for 10 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain macaroni according to package directions then add to bean mixture along with Parmesan cheese. Stir until thoroughly mixed then serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take a day off from your ordinary dinner routine to make this extraordinary Layered Italian Crescent Ring. It's as easy as layering some of your favorite Italian sub ingredients and wrapping them up in a cozy crescent dough blanket. The whole family is going to love this one!