Fettuccine Alfredo with Peas and Carrots
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 13 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 38 Min
Do you remember when Mom used to add in those peas and carrots to your dinner to make sure you were eating all your veggies? Well, now it's your turn! We've got the grown-up version of that right here with our five-star recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo with Peas and Carrots. You're never too old to have a home-cooked meal that reminds you of Mom, so what are you waiting for? Dive right in!
What You'll Need:
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots (about 5 medium)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped scallions (about 8)
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, and saute 1 minute. Add broth, and bring to a simmer; cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover and simmer 4 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed. Add scallions and peas; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add to pasta.
- Whisk together half-and-half and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer, and cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; add garlic and next 3 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts. Pour over pasta and vegetables; toss to combine.
Traditional Fettuccine Alfredo is served plain with only a creamy cheese sauce, but we added peas and carrots to this version for extra color, texture, flavor and additional nutrition.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Do you love bacon? How about cheese? If you nodded enthusiastically to either of those, then you're about to experience something wonderful...a Bacon and Cheese Lover's Pie. It's a quiche-style dish that's absolutely loaded with cheese, bacon, and some chopped spinach. You'll be smiling from your first forkful to your last.