Fettuccine with Blue Cheese Alfredo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 18 Min
We put a twist on fettuccine alfredo and made it Fettuccine with Blue Cheese Alfredo. What could be better than this pungent and luxurious taste?
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine
- 3 ounces thinly sliced ham, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (see note)
What To Do:
- Combine 1/2 cup blue cheese and the Alfredo sauce; set aside.
- Stack several spinach leaves, and roll stack, jellyroll fashion; cut roll into 1/4-inch slices to make thin spinach shreds. Repeat with remaining spinach; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, and immediately toss with blue cheese Alfredo sauce, spinach, ham, and parsley. Sprinkle pasta with remaining 1/4 cup blue cheese and the pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Toasting nuts really brings out their flavor. You can toast this small amount of pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat for just a few minutes, stirring often. You can also substitute walnuts for the pine nuts, if you'd like.