Happy Kids Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Happy Kids Macaroni and Cheese won't just make your kids happy, its rich and creamy taste will make everyone happy.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper; stir to mix well. Gradually whisk in milk; bring to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in Cheddar cheese until melted.Return macaroni to pot; mix well. Add mozzarella cheese and cook until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
- This is sure to create smiles when you pack it in your kids' lunch thermoses. If they have it along with a cup of low-fat milk, they'll be well on their way to getting their daily calcium requirements.
- Why not bring a lovely, old-fashioned end to this meal with our delicious Fried Apples!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!