Linguine and Mussels Marinara
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 13 Min
- READY IN
- 23 Min
We can't go wrong with this classic Italian dish, Linguine and Mussels Marinara. It is the perfect meal with such simple ingredients.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1 pound fresh, farm-raised mussels
- 2 cups chunky-style pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, rinse mussels in cold water; remove beards on mussels, and scrub shells thoroughly with a brush. Discard any opened or cracked mussels. Combine mussels, pasta sauce, and red pepper in a large deep skillet. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 5 minutes or until mussels open. (Discard any unopened mussels.)
- Place drained pasta into individual shallow bowls. Top with mussels and sauce; sprinkle with chopped basil. Serve immediately.
Before preparing, tap mussels that have an opened shell. If they close, they're fine to cook; if they remain open, discard them along with any cracked mussels. To debeard a mussel, grasp the hairlike beard with your thumb and forefinger, and pull it away from the shell. Then the mussels are ready for a quick simmer.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!