Linguine with Eggplant
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's not easy getting finicky eaters to dig into their veggies, but if we sneak 'em into our pasta, we have a better shot. Linguine with Eggplant is chock-full of fresh herbs, spices and veggies...so every forkful is packed with tasty nutrition.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound linguine
- 2/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 small eggplant (about 1 pound total), cut into 1/2-inch chunks (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- In a large pot, cook linguine according to package directions and drain. Place linguine in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons oil; set aside.
- In the same pot, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Saute eggplant 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Add garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and saute about 5 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, and linguine, and toss gently until heated through. Serve immediately.
If you prefer, go ahead and peel the eggplant before cutting it into chunks.
A warm, crusty hunk of garlic bread sure is the perfect way to sop up the sauce that's left on your plate.
- Looking for more tasty recipes with eggplant? Click here to check out our collection of Easy Eggplant Recipes: 17 Simple Recipes with Eggplant.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for an even easier way to enjoy stuffed peppers, look no further than this Stuffed Peppers Casserole. It's got everything you love about stuffed peppers, but in the form of a hearty casserole! That means no hassle whatsoever - just lots of yummy eating!