Mushroom and Tomato Toss
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Because angel hair is the thinnest pasta shape, it cooks in no time. So here's a light, garden-fresh-tasting dish that'll go with everything...or stand on its own.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups diced fresh tomatoes (about 3 large tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
What To Do:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl and add the hot pasta and the broth; toss well with the Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
This is great as is, or you can add some crushed red pepper, hot pepper sauce, or other seasonings if you want. And nothing says we can't use canned chunky-style tomatoes or add chunks of cooked meat, chicken, or other veggies to make it lots of different ways!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Save the scrambling for the eggs 'cause this easy breakfast recipe comes together in just about a minute! Our scrumptious Breakfast Bowl Scramble is a super simple microwave recipe that's packed with protein, to help keep you sharp all morning long!