We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Pasta Rustica features a homemade sauce that's so tasty and easy to make, you'll never buy the stuff in a jar again. So boil that water and throw in the pasta because it's time to eat!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil leaves
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; add onion and garlic and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, olives, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sugar and chicken broth; cook 10 additional minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil and serve over spaghetti.
Check out our handy guide for pasta pairings.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!