We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Before dinner, ask your gang if they'll give you a penny for your thoughts. Then ask if you can give them some penne for dinner! Think they'll get it? (I know they'll eat it up!)
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 head salad savoy or escarole, shredded
- 4 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
What To Do:
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again.
- In a soup pot, combine the salad savoy, water, bouillon cubes, crushed red pepper, and black pepper over medium heat. Cook for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the salad savoy is tender. Add the beans and cook for 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and slightly thickened. Stir in the pasta and cook until heated through; serve immediately.
I like to add 1/2 teaspoon salt to really bring out the great flavors.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says pie has to be served on a plate? Try this whimsical way and get ready for all sorts of praise! Our Key Lime Pie in a Jar is citrusy, creamy, and downright delicious You might want to make a bunch of 'em 'cause they're super portable, practical, and perfect for setting out at parties.