Penne with Veggies
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
cup chopped red onion (about 1/4 onion)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce
teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat and saute garlic, onion, carrots, broccoli, and yellow pepper for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in marinara sauce, salt, crushed red pepper, and spinach; reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain well. Toss pasta with sauce mixture and sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of www.dreamfieldsfoods.com.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES