We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the surprise ingredient between our layers of lasagna noodles? Seasoned mashed potatoes! Our hearty Pierogi Lasagna, topped with zesty Cheddar cheese, is a must-have for your vegetarian lasagna recipe collection.
What You'll Need:
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 onions, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 cups warm seasoned mashed potatoes, store-bought or homemade
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add salt to onions and saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned; reserve 1/2 cup sauteed onions for topping. Add remaining onions, pepper, and cheese to mashed potatoes; mix well.
- Place 3 noodles on bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread 1/3 of potato mixture over noodles. Repeat layers until a total of 4 layers of noodles and 3 layers of potato mixture have been placed (with a layer of noodles on top). Top with remaining sauteed onions.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Feel free to add some cooked sliced mushrooms to the potatoes, or maybe a cup of well-drained sauerkraut. And season your mashed potatoes however you like them...salt, pepper, and butter work fine!
- Make this a freezer-friendly recipe: Follow recipe abpve except for baking. Cover assembled recipe with a few layers of foil (to prevent freezer burn) and freeze. When ready to eat, place frozen entree in fridge to thaw for 24 hours in advance. Once thawed, cook at regular time and temperature. Click here for more tips & tricks on freezing our recipes.
- If you enjoyed our Pierogi Lasagna, check out our collection of 19 Easy Lasagna Recipes.
- Love Pierogies? Check out these recipes! Chicken Pierogi Skillet, Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake, Cheesesteak Pierogies.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!