Rosebud's Farfalle alla Vodka
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
This recipe comes from one of Mr. Food's favorite Chicago restaurants. It's a true Italian specialty and, when you can't get to Chicago for the original, our easy version will be showing up on your table at home.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, and saute 1 to 2 minutes, just until browned. Add vodka and tomatoes with their juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return pasta to its cooking pot then cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to tomato mixture and stir until thoroughly combined and the cheese is melted.
- Pour over pasta and stir until combined, rewarming over low heat, if necessary. Serve immediately.
Mascarpone cheese is a soft, sweet Italian cheese, similar in consistency to cream cheese. You can find it with the imported cheese in the deli department of your supermarket.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES