Shrimp Mac 'n' Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
Shrimp Mac 'n' Cheese puts a trendy seafood spin on our recipe for homestyle macaroni and cheese. When your gang tastes this variation, studded with shrimp, macaroni and cheese will never be the same!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound cooked medium-sized shrimp, cut in half
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 3 cups cheese until melted.
Add cooked macaroni and shrimp to cheese sauce and stir until thoroughly combined; pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and top is golden.
We just love seafood and pasta combos, so why not try our tasty Shrimp and Pasta Toss!
- Looking for more easy weeknight dinners? Check out our free eCookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.