Spicy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 7 Min
- COOK TIME
- 13 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
A twist on classic mac 'n' cheese is finally here! Spicy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese will give you all the same flavor with just a little kick.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf Mexican-style pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Stir in sour cream, blending well.
- Stir in tomatoes and green chilies and pasta; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
To tame spiciness, switch to regular prepared cheese product and mild diced tomatoes and green chilies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!