Spicy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 7 Min
- COOK TIME
- 13 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
A twist on classic mac 'n' cheese is finally here! Spicy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese will give you all the same flavor with just a little kick.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf Mexican-style pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Stir in sour cream, blending well.
- Stir in tomatoes and green chilies and pasta; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
To tame spiciness, switch to regular prepared cheese product and mild diced tomatoes and green chilies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!