Spinach and Cheese Manicotti
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
If up till now you've shied away from making manicotti 'cause you thought it was hard to do, it's time to think again!
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces uncooked manicotti shells
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- 1 container (32 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
cup egg substitute
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (16-ounce) jar light spaghetti sauce
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Prepare the manicotti shells according to the package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again. Spray the pasta lightly with nonstick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the egg substitute, salt, and pepper. Add the spinach and mix well.
- Fill each manicotti shell with about 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture, then place them in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the shells and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
For an easy way to fill the manicotti shells, place the cheese mixture in a resealable plastic storage bag. Snip off a corner of the bag and squeeze the cheese mixture into the shells. Oh - for an extra burst of flavor, add 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg to the ricotta cheese mixture.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES