Spring Vegetable Couscous
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try this easy, Middle Eastern variation on Pasta Primavera when it's warm outside and there's a cool breeze. Spring Vegetable Couscous won't let you down. It's great by itself or as a refreshing side dish.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 medium-sized yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, and onion, and saute for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add peas, water, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add couscous; mix well. Cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff lightly with a fork, and serve.
I like to call this "leftover couscous," because I dice and add whatever cooked vegetables I have on hand.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ever heard of a "pizookie" before? It's basically a big pizza-shaped cookie, and if you think that sounds good, then you're gonna LOVE our stuffed version! Our Candy Bar Pizookie features your favorite candy bars, and a chocolaty, nutty topping that just really puts this cookie over the top!