Tex Mex Ziti
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
What You'll Need:
1 (12-ounce) package ziti
1 pound ground beef
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 cup salsa
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again; set aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onion 5 minutes; drain off excess liquid. Add to drained pasta along with spaghetti sauce, salsa, ricotta cheese, and 1 cup cheese; stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
- For additional ethnic flavor, you might want to add a drained can of green chilies, jalapeño peppers, or black olives when you combine all of the ingredients.
- Freezer-friendly recipe: Follow all steps above expect for baking. After ziti is assembled, cover with a few layers of foil and place in freezer. Thaw by placing in fridge 24 hours in advance. Once thawed, bake at regular time and temerpature. Click here for more tips on freezing our recipes!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 24 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles.
- Check out more of our favorite Tex-Mex recipes with dishes like our Taco Ring and Tex Mex Dip.
01 12 15