Tortellini with Mushrooms
- COOK TIME
- 4 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Min
Its obvious why this recipe was so requested when it was on Mr. Food's TV show. The rich, cheese-filled tortellini and the meaty portobello mushrooms work really well together. Yum, yum, yum!
What You'll Need:
1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese-filled tortellini
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, divided
5 garlic cloves, minced
3 portobello mushroom caps (about 6 ounces), sliced
cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided (see Tip)
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions; drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, and saute for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and saute for 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons butter, the Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon basil, and the pepper to the skillet; mix well.
- Serve the tortellini topped with the sauteed mushrooms and sprinkled with the remaining 1 tablespoon basil.
- Time-Saving Tip: Let kitchen scissors save you work and time...simply snip the fresh basil for this recipe (and other herbs for other recipes) instead of chopping them.
- For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 06 14