Tortellini with Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Its obvious why this recipe was so requested when it was on Mr. Food's TV show. The rich, cheese-filled tortellini and the meaty portobello mushrooms work really well together. Yum, yum, yum!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese-filled tortellini
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 portobello mushroom caps (about 6 ounces), sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided (see Tip)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions; drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, and saute for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and saute for 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons butter, the Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon basil, and the pepper to the skillet; mix well.
- Serve the tortellini topped with the sauteed mushrooms and sprinkled with the remaining 1 tablespoon basil.
- Time-Saving Tip: Let kitchen scissors save you work and time...simply snip the fresh basil for this recipe (and other herbs for other recipes) instead of chopping them.
- For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You only need five minutes to make this homemade Chinese recipe taste take-out worthy, so grab your wok (or a skillet!) and some fresh ingredients and get ready to impress your whole family. One taste and you'll never order Chinese take-out again!