Worth the Wait Lasagna
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 20 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 20 Min
What You'll Need:
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage (see Tip)
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
teaspoon dried basil
teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (28-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook and drain lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until no pink remains, stirring to break up sausage as it cooks. Drain off excess liquid and set aside in a large bowl to cool slightly. Add 3 cups mozzarella cheese, the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, the egg, basil, and pepper; mix well.
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of dish. Place 3 noodles over sauce. Sprinkle one-third of cheese mixture over noodles. Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce over cheese mixture. Place 3 more noodles over the top and press down lightly.
- Repeat with 2 more layers of cheese mixture, sauce, and noodles. Spoon remaining sauce over top and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour.
- Remove foil and sprinkle remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese over top; return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven and allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
For the true meat lover, before baking, add an extra 1/4 pound cooked, crumbled sausage on top with some shredded mozzarella cheese.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 19 Easy Lasagna Recipes.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 15 14
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hot Cross Buns are one sweet Easter tradition. Our easy recipe for baking your own bakery-style Cranberry Hot Cross Buns is a twist on the traditional raisin variety, and guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.