Almond Bear Claws
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 1/2 Dozen
- 18 Min
- COOK TIME
- 18 Min
- READY IN
- 36 Min
With the slits cut on top, these pastries resemble a bear's claw. And you'll need a bear-sized appetite to wolf down these treats because they're made with our signature "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need:
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) can almond filling
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 (3-inch) squares. Spread half of each square with 2 teaspoons almond filling, pressing edges gently to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut 3 slits in top of pastry; curve pastry slightly to resemble claws, and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Whisk together egg yolk and water in a small bowl; brush egg mixture over pastries, and sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- Bake 16 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans to a wire rack; cool.
- Microwave chocolate chips in a small bowl at MEDIUM (50 percent power) 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring halfway. Drizzle chocolate evenly over pastries.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!