Bakery Style Cannoli
I can still see myself as a little boy gazing in the window of the Italian bakery and eyeing all the pretty pastries. When I was allowed to pick just one, which one was it? A cannoli, of course!
What You'll Need:
cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cannoli shells
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, ricotta cheese, and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon filling into cannoli shells (see Note). Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
For an easy way to fill the cannoli shells, place the ricotta cheese mixture in a resealable plastic storage bag. Snip off a corner of the bag with scissors and squeeze the mixture into the shells. For a fancier touch, dip the ends of the filled cannoli in chocolate sprinkles.
If you liked this Italian dessert recipe, be sure to check out our Cassata Cake or our Italian Cream Cake: An Easy Italian Cream Cake Recipe.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES