Chocolate Chip Rugelach
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 5 dozen rugelach
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Melt-in-your-mouth homemade Chocolate Chip Rugelach get their extra richness from our secret ingredient - vanilla ice cream. These homemade rugelach pastries are to-die-for!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, softened but not melted
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
What To Do:
In a large bowl, cut butter into flour. Add softened ice cream and work it into mixture with your hands. (Add more flour if necessary to make the dough easier to handle.) Cover and refrigerate dough overnight (it will become hard).
The following day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine sugar, nuts, and cinnamon. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup sugar-nut mixture onto a clean smooth surface. Lightly flour a rolling pin; separate dough into 5 equal pieces. Place one piece of dough on the sugar-nut mixture and roll it out (to about 1/8" to 1/4" thickness) to form a circle. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the rolled dough.
Cut dough into 12 to 14 small wedges and roll up each piece from the outside to the center. Place rolls seam-side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat the process, placing more sugar-nut mixture on your smooth surface each time before rolling out the dough into circles, covering each dough circle with chocolate chips. Bake about 30 minutes, or until bottoms turn golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.