We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've all had the call that friends are around the corner and want to stop by. Now that's no problem! You can make and serve these treats right from the oven in no time. No more "Uh-oh!" Only, "Sure, come on over!"
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in almond extract.
Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangles. Spread chocolate evenly over each triangle and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Cut each triangle in half and roll up, starting at wide end.
Place rolls on a baking sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve.
Serve these warm or at room temperature. We can't decide which way we like 'em better!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.