Cream Puff Ring
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 50 Min
Our bottomless version of the famous French dessert known as the Gateau Saint-Honore is easy to whip up right at home. This Cream Puff Ring may look super fancy, but it's actually really easy to make and tastes like a dream!
What You'll Need:
1 cup water
cup (1 stick) butter, cut into quarters
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs at room temperature
1 (4-serving-size) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup cold milk
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Add 1 egg to mixture and beat with the wooden spoon to blend. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When dough is smooth, spoon out 1/4 cup at a time, and place puffs on the outside edge of an ungreased 10-inch pizza pan, forming a ring. Each puff should press against the one next to it so they are all connected.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy. Cool on pizza pan on a wire rack. Using a sharp knife, cut about 1 inch off top of each cream puff; reserve tops. Using your finger, make a small hole in each cream puff.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix and milk; mix well. Add whipped topping and mix until thoroughly combined. Evenly spoon chocolate mixture into hole of each cream puff. Place tops back on and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- You can also make these as individual cream puffs. Just spoon the mounds of dough onto a cookie sheet so that the edges are not touching. When finished baking and completely cooled, cut each puff in half horizontally and proceed as above.
- To make a scrumptious chocolate glaze, in a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 1/3 cup water, and 1/2 ounce (1/2 square) unsweetened chocolate over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is thickened, bubbly and smooth. Remove from the heat, stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and drizzle over the cream puff ring before refrigerating.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
03 15 15
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We hope you're ready to be the talk of the table, 'cause this recipe for Farmhouse Glazed Ham is sure to impress all of your guests. With just a few simple ingredients we'll show you how you can make a foolproof, holiday ham that's, "Can I have another slice?" delicious!